To be fair this isn’t a proper pattern, it’s an adaptation of this pattern by Whistle and Ivy. I’ll keep it short and simple. If you need any advice please contact me.
- 3.25 mm knitting needles
- 4mm knitting needles (optional)
- 4mm crochet hook
- Yarn in 3 colours, I used black, claret and lipstick in Stylecraft DK
- Yarn needle to weave in ends
This Pattern is in US stitches
1. Using 3.25mm needles, cast on 120 stitches, knit in 2 x 2 rib for 10 rows.
2. Cast off using your crochet hook or 4mm knitting needles.
3. Slip stitch the last stitch to the first, chain up and start the plaid stitch the first row might be a bit fiddley to get your hook in.
Find the video tutorial for plaid stitch here
4. Crochet plaid stitch for 22 rows, you can add or take away for more or less slouch.
5. Row 23 – (2dctog, 1dc) around.
6. Row 24 – 2dctog around.
7. Fasten off and weave in all ends securing them properly, leave one end to weave in the stitches from row 24 to close the hat.
8. Make a pompom from yarn or add a fur one of you wish.
All done! I hope this small guide helps you make a lovely hat in DK
Please like this pattern on my Ravelry store.