I managed to finish the super secret project I was working on and have permission to show off my photos now.
It started as an idea by an MS society support group who bought a giant microbe and toured it around raising awareness for MS. So our local branch, Wakefield MS Society wanted to do something similar. Sourcing the microbe was a problem, the small ones were easy to get hold of but the larger versions were like hens teeth (hens don’t have teeth).
This is where I came in, they asked me if I would donate my time and make them a big version of the nerve cell. So I agreed and around 4 weeks worth of work later, 3 bags of stuffing, and 2 huge balls or Aran yarn, the nerve cell was finished. I measured and made it 5x the size of the original. It took some planning and some things were done and ripped back to get the correct shapes and proportions.
So now he’s getting ready to tour round MS branches and raise money and awareness. I think there’s a book of his adventures to come too at some point down the line. I will keep you all posted about him and what he’s getting up to when the updates are published.
Leave a Reply